Nie zgłaszamy tu błędów merytorycznych – od tego jest strona Wikipedia:Zgłoś błąd w artykule.
Dla początkujących[edytuj | edytuj kod]
- Wątek założony przed: 21:04, 5 sie 2014 (CET)
VisualEditor jest dobrą pomocą dla początkujących wikipedystów nieznających jeszcze dobrze wikikodu. Jednak myślę, że większość bardziej zaawansowanych wikipedystów nadal będzie korzystaćz tradycyjnego edytora.
VisualEditor Office Hours[edytuj | edytuj kod]
- Wątek założony przed: 21:04, 5 sie 2014 (CET)
Cześć. :) Apologies for writing in English. Translation assistance is appreciated. :)
The WMF engineering department has planned office hours to discuss VisualEditor. The first is on January 15th, at 2300 UTC; the second is a week later, on January 22nd, at 2300 UTC. Product Manager James Forrester will discuss VisualEditor and upcoming plans. Logs will be posted on Meta after each office hour completes. If you want to ask a question or provide feedback but can't attend, don't use Internet Relay Chat, or don't speak English, please post your question or comment here or on my talk page or email me, and I or a community liaison will present it among possible discussion topics. I’ll post a reminder closer to the office hours.
[edytuj | edytuj kod]
The VisualEditor team is currently working mostly to fix bugs, improve performance, reduce technical debt, and other infrastructure needs. You can find on Mediawiki.org weekly updates detailing recent work.
The biggest visible change since the last newsletter was to the dialog boxes. The design for each dialog box and window was simplified. The most commonly needed buttons are now at the top. Based on user feedback, the buttons are now labeled with simple words (like "Cancel" or "Done") instead of potentially confusing icons (like "<" or "X"). Many of the buttons to edit links, images, and other items now also show the linked page, image name, or other useful information when you click on them.
- Hidden HTML comments (notes visible to editors, but not to readers) can now be read, edited, inserted, and removed. A small icon (a white exclamation mark on a dot) marks the location of each comments. You can click on the icon to see the comment.
- You can now drag and drop text and templates as well as images. A new placement line makes it much easier to see where you are dropping the item. Images can no longer be dropped into the middle of paragraphs.
- All references and footnotes (
<ref>tags) are now made through the "Przypis" menu, including the "Zwykły przypis" (manual formatting) footnotes and the ability to re-use an existing citation, both of which were previously accessible only through the "Wstaw" menu. The "Lista przypisów" is still added via the "Wstaw" menu.
- When you add an image or other media file, you are now prompted to add an image caption immediately. You can also replace an image whilst keeping the original caption and other settings.
- All tablet users visiting the mobile web version of Wikipedias will be able to opt-in to a version of VisualEditor from 14 August. You can test the new tool by choosing the beta version of the mobile view in the Settings menu.
- The link tool has a new "Open" button that will open a linked page in another tab so you can make sure a link is the right one.
- The "Cancel" button in the toolbar has been removed based on user testing. To cancel any edit, you can leave the page by clicking the Read tab, the back button in your browser, or closing the browser window without saving your changes.
Looking ahead[edytuj | edytuj kod]
The team posts details about planned work on the VisualEditor roadmap. The VisualEditor team plans to add auto-fill features for citations soon. Your ideas about making referencing quick and easy are still wanted. Support for upright image sizes is being developed. The designers are also working on support for adding rows and columns to tables. Work to support Internet Explorer is ongoing.
Feedback opportunities[edytuj | edytuj kod]
The Editing team will be making two presentations this weekend at Wikimania in London. The first is with product manager James Forrester and developer Trevor Parscal on Saturday at 16:30. The second is with developers Roan Kattouw and Trevor Parscal on Sunday at 12:30. There is a VisualEditor Translation Sprint going on during Wikimania; whether you're in London or not, any contributions are welcome!
Please share your questions, suggestions, or problems by posting a note at the VisualEditor feedback page or by joining the office hours discussion on Thursday, 14 August 2014 at 09:00 UTC (daytime for Europe, Middle East and Asia) or on Thursday, 18 September 2014 at 16:00 UTC (daytime for the Americas; evening for Europe).
If you'd like to get this newsletter on your own page (about once a month), please subscribe at w:en:Wikipedia:VisualEditor/Newsletter for English Wikipedia only or at Meta for any project. Thank you! --Elitre (WMF), 16:40, 9 sie 2014 (CEST)